Wednesday, September 28, 2005

September 28 - Last day (in rotation).

What an interesting 6 weeks. I have returned from a nice vacation in San Francisco, my friend lost her house in Gulfport, locally gasoline has spiked to $3.65 per gallon, my monthly mortgage has increase by $500 per month to cover increases in taxes, my natural gas bill went up $100 per month, and I think I may have driven my car only a handfull of times. At work there were well over 200 incidents I was involved with that required regulatory compliance (acidents, spills, close-calls, employee issues, etc.). My time was sure filled with interesting events.

As for today, I drove. Seeing that I will be away from the office for more than a week, I needed to bring home a load of work clothes and reference materials I will need while I am not there. The load was too big for the bike trailer.

I still haven't count my bike commute days, this will wait until I get back to work (my spreadsheet) to figure it all out. I feel like I rode 40+ days. In the end I rode more than the begining. Gasoline prices did make a difference for me. Why should I pay high prices for gasoline when I really don't need it?

During my week off, I will do local commuting on my e-bike (groceries, beer, post office, bank, etc.). I also plan to get a load of fire wood and top soil so the truck will be used a little too. Of course there are ball games, play dates, etc. and the mini-van will get a good work out too. I hope to sell the truck, that will happen hopefully sooner rather than later.

I am also looking forward to breaking down my e-bike and doing an overhaul to get things tighter and smoother. I will need new cables, brake pads, grease, and elbow grease and I am sure the ride will be smooth and set for the fall and early winter.

A note on winter. I am thinking of taking the motor off the bike to keep the grime induced deterioration to a minimum.

Regardless, I will be peddling often during the next 7 days. The additions to the blog may be less timely, but keep the faith, I am out here peddling away.

No comments: