Monday, September 26, 2005

September 26th - Monday.....

I was due into work at 7:00 AM, not the usual 6:00 AM. So today I left the house at 6, not my usual 4:45 AM. The hour and fifteen minutes makes a world of difference in the amount of lunatics on the road. I would much rather rider earlier than wait for the rush hour to pick up.

On the reverse, I was riding home in school traffic. The Mom's in mini vans and SUVs are drivers of concern to cyclists. They made being visible and cautious a priority on my ride home. On a funny note, a New York State Trooper driving through town passed me and turned right, just yard in front of me. Perhaps "they" should add bicyclist awareness to the driver's education ciriculum at Trooper School. Had he hit me, there would be an interesting law suit, and some really great bad press. Yet, that is not the type of attention I want.

It is late (Parent's open house at the kid's school tonight), and I have a 4:30 AM wake up it I want to work 6 AM to 2 PM tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: