Tuesday, September 27, 2005

September 27 - One more day to go.

Tomorrow, I finish my 6 week rotation. I rode more this time around than on any other rotation since June. I will now count the days to see if I met the goal I set in June, I feel I must be close to it.

The ride in today started about 6 AM. I encountered several motorist who didn't want to stop at STOP signs on small feeder streets, and only did so after I made my presense known with lights, bell, and shouts (don't shout too much, it doesn't pay to piss-off an idiot who is in semi-control of several thousands of pounds of steel - need I say more). I am thinking front-mounted clear/white flasher are in order to be more "Front" visible.

At lunch today with my Manager and Vice President, my manager started a conversation by asking me if I rode my "motor bike" to work today. Well now everyone (like my VP) knows I ride a hybrid ped-electric bike [REMINDER: I work for a (very) large electric utility], I set a goal and I am close to making it, I don't buy much gasoline, I support "green building" initiatives, and that "yes" I am a professional and yes the environment is something I know is important to protect, preserve, and repair if business is to succeed and if we want to continue living in the world as we know it, and finally, I have studied the environment, and I am an environmental scientist.

Oooh. It will be nice to off for a few days to catch up on my sanity (and ride a bit more).

Also, I am thinking of working on my old road bike and getting it back on the road for winter. What do you think?

No comments: