Sunday, October 30, 2005

October 30th - no more ebike......(until it gets warmer)

I found during the last three weeks the temperature played a big role in available power from the battery, plus an aged battery pack doesn't go the distance in cooler (40's) weather. I also tested my charger last night, this is charger No. 2, well... it crapped out - 2 chargers in one spring/summer/fall season - this is not acceptable to me.

As you can see from my previous post, I am 55 pounds lighter now that I have removed the battery and motor, and the Canondale is once again a bicycle.

I was horrified this morning when I was at the bagel shop and realized I had only 5 minutes to get to work. I called the guy I was relieving and he had no problems with the delay (but it cost me a bagel he wanted). I couldn't figure out what happened, I was 1/2 hour off my normal pace and I didn't think the motor made that much difference. So I figure I was realy slow without the motor, it kind of made sense, but I still thought I had made really good time. Well, my wife calls me at work and explains to me how funny it was for her to find all the clocks in our bedroom 1/2 behind every other clock in the house. This finding says alot about this morning's ride, I actually did make good time without the motor.

Tonight on the ride home I was particular about timing myself. I hit the road at 5:40 and was home by 6:25. 45 minutes, 15 minutes longer than if I had a motor, but some of the time added was due to going slower because it was dark out.

Well, I am set to peddle tomorrow, Halloween.

Happy Halloween, and please be safe.

PS. I sold my pickup truck to a construction company! No more gas, no more insurance, no more associated car expense!

No comments: