Friday, September 02, 2005

September 2, 2005 - $3.77 per gallon and I haven't driven in days

Today, if I were to sell the 13 gallons of gasoline remaining in my pickup truck I would profit on the sale by more than 100%. This is a rather sick notion considering I only filled my truck up with gasoline 6 weeks ago.

On my e-bike ride home today, I observed the gasoline station that 48 hours ago posted gasoline at $2.44 per gallon is now selling it for $3.77 per gallon. A $1.33 per gallon more in 48 hours, and for what reason? It is likely the same gas has been in his tanks the entire time.

You be crazy, not me. I am sticking with the e-bike.

Note: this weekend I need to repack bottom bracket bearings on e-bike, at 15 years it has been too long and they don't sound too happy. Also, I need to start an inventory on Trek 400 replacement parts to rebuild that frame. If gas and electric gets too crazy, the Trek 400 frame makes a good and fast commuter/cycle-cross type bike good for all weather (i.e. winter) conditions.

I got the new fork for my delta trike. Soon, I'll be e-commuting on my trike.

Anyone want to buy an e-bike? I'll sell my electric C'dale for the first $700.

No comments: