Monday, September 19, 2005

September 18th - Drove, top down....

There was so much rain, and the puddles were so deep last night on the ride home that my drailers got super gunked up with road grime, so much so that my derailers stopped working - not good.

With not enough time to work on the bike before work Sunday (another12-hour shift), I took the VW Beatle. I went top down - I think convertibles are as close as a car will ever get to being a bicycle.

I got home and wrenched around the bike for about an hour, lubed lubable parts, added air in airable parts, and polished (yes it now shines) the frame - there was way too much road grime. I could go on for hours about road grime - just don't get it on your work clothers - it never comes out.

Monday, it's tie day at work. My "dress" clothes are laid out and they'll go into the panniers.

3:45 is looking pretty early for a wake-up, but well worth it.

No comments: